한미교육위원단에서 제작한 시험센터 투어 유튜브 영상을 공개합니다! 시험장 내부 모습과 입실 과정을 영상으로 만나보실 수 있습니다.
What Is CLEP?
The College-Level Examination Program® (CLEP®) is a rigorous College Board program that allows students of a wide range of ages to demonstrate their mastery of college-level material in introductory subjects and earn college credit. CLEP offers examinations that represent courses typical of the first two years of college study. Through CLEP examinations, students can:
- accumulate credit toward a degree by demonstrating knowledge they have gained independently, allowing them to begin studies at a higher level and save valuable time and money;
- demonstrate their knowledge in subject areas in order to earn exemption from introductory courses, enabling them to move ahead to more advanced courses and new fields; and
- show their level of competency in subjects in order to determine placement, particularly for world language and mathematics courses.
From an initial offering of 10 examinations in 1967, CLEP has evolved into a battery of 34 examinations. CLEP provides a reliable and effective means for participating colleges and universities to grant credit, exemption, and placement to traditional 18-to-22-year-old students, recent high school graduates, adults returning to college, and part-time students. Over 2,900 accredited institutions of higher education award credit for satisfactory scores on CLEP examinations.
Structure of the CLEP Examinations
Most internet-based CLEP examinations are approximately 90-minutes in length; the College Composition exam is approximately 120 minutes. The exams aren’t adaptive. They are continually updated by embedding pretest questions within each exam administered to students; however, these questions aren’t scored. This embedded pretesting helps to increase the number of test “forms” or variations available for each examination.
The internet-based delivery system allows for a creative and cost-effective means of preparing multiple test “forms” for administration to multiple candidates. Each exam is created by combining individual questions and/or sets of questions that meet content and statistical specifications (e.g., varying difficulty of questions).
The computer administers different test forms to candidates taking examinations in the same subject by choosing from a selection of question subsets. Candidates taking the same exam at your institution who are seated next to each other most likely will have different versions of the exam. In addition, the system automatically assigns workstations randomly.
* Online calculators are available for these exams. Candidates aren’t permitted to use their own calculators.
** Optional essays are not available at the moment.
Register for CLEP
Step 1. Register for CLEP Exams
Register for one or more exams and purchase study materials.
- Center Name: KOREAN-AMERICAN EDUCATIONAL COMMISSION
- Address: FULBRIGHT BUILDING, SEOUL, KOREA, SOUTH (ROK)
- Center Number: 8212
Step 2. Test Center Scheduling
Please submit the following form to schedule your exam.
- An examinee may register for up to 3 exams per day.
- The exam date and time may be changed depending on the unexpected circumstances of the test center.
- Please remit the test center administration fee 7 days prior to the exam date to confirm your registration. Bank information will be sent to your email when you submit the form.
- Refunds for cancellation and no-show are not available. If an examinee wants to change the exam date for any reason other than a test center problem, an additional fee of 20,000 KRW (per exam) must be paid. Please choose your exam date carefully.
- Please ensure you have ordered the CLEP exam before registering for your center. (See Step 1 above)
The test center administration fee and the CLEP exam order fee must also be paid separately.
- Email: email@example.com
- Tel: +82-2-3275-4000, Press 2
CLEP is for Everyone
Candidates must arrive at the test center 20 minutes before the exam starts.
Please be prepared to bring the following to the test center:
- A valid registration ticket from the My Account registration portal.
- Identification: Your driver’s license, passport, or other government-issued identification that includes your legal full name in English characters, photograph, and signature. You will be asked to show this identification to be admitted to the testing area. The name on your ID must match the name on your registration ticket.
23 Baekbeom-ro 28-gil, Mapo-gu, Seoul
- Before you leave the test center, you’ll receive an unofficial score report right after taking the test (except College Composition and Spanish with Writing exam). Official scores are available online one business day following your exam. You can view your scores online by logging into the CLEP My Account portal.
- College Composition and Spanish with Writing exam scores are available 2–3 weeks after test day.
- Please use the College Board CLEP Contact Form for any inquiries regarding scores.
CLEP students can prepare using Modern States' free online CLEP courses. Enroll in a free course, complete all coursework, and get a CLEP Voucher from the Modern States website.
Get 50% Off Your Next Exam! Take a CLEP exam between January 1, 2023, and August 31, 2023, and get...
The College-Level Examination Program (CLEP) helps you earn college credit for what you already know, for a fraction of the cost of a college course. It is accepted by 2,900 colleges and universities and is administered in more than 1,800 test centers.