U.S. University Accreditation

Home / About KAEC / U.S. University Accreditation

The Korean-American Educational Commission (KAEC) issues official documentation confirming the accreditation of authorized American higher education institutions.

Although the U.S. Department of Education provides oversight of the higher education accreditation system, it does not provide accreditation to higher education institutions or programs directly. Instead, it assumes responsibility for enforcing accreditation standards through federally authorized accreditation bodies.

By request, KAEC issues accreditation confirmation documents for institutions listed in the U.S. Department of Education’s Database of Accredited Postsecondary Institutions and Programs (DAPIP) and the American Council on Education’s Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) database.

U.S. Accreditation Websites

The systems and principles of accreditation in the U.S. and Korea differ significantly. For more information about U.S. accrediting bodies, please reference the following websites.

Apply for Accreditation Confirmation

Applicants should keep in mind that KAEC can only issue documents confirming an American higher education institution’s accreditation status; it cannot provide apostille services proving that an applicant has graduated from or attended a particular institution. To apply for an accreditation confirmation document:

  1. Fill out an application to request a confirmation document. All application fields must be completed accurately.
  2. Provide an up-to-date mailing address for the delivery of your confirmation document. All documents will be sent through the local postal service; documents cannot be collected in person.
  3. KAEC will send you a mailing notice after issuing and mailing the confirmation document.


Personal Information

University Information

University attended